After getting through a rough few days, it appears Chance has turned a corner and is starting to eat more.
Just after Dean had surgery Chance started getting sick again (it never ends). This time everything would go right through him and we would have a lot of messes to clean up each morning. We spoke with Dr. O'Neil and she suggested a strict diet and some meds to help harden everything up.
We picked up our prescription food for him and a bunch of meds from our local vet. After being on so much medication after his surgeries, we decided to try just the food first, holding off giving any meds unless he really needed them.
Within two days he was starting to feel better and eat more. Now he is eating almost 3 cans with at least 10 handfuls of dry a day. The weight is slowly starting to pack on, I can see it near his ribs and in his chest.
He still loves the attention. Liz or I can't walk through the living room without him coming over and nudging us for some loving.
I don't think I mentioned it in my previous post but we have added another 4 legged friend to our collection, another adopted guinea pig. Liz named this one Peanut (get it ... Peanut ... Budda ) The two of them squack up a storm in the morning :)
I am going to need an ark pretty soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment